Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Gentle Giant


Humpbacks are my favorite. There's nothing like seeing a breaching whale propel itself high up out of the water, I've seen it over and over and it still amazes me. I love seeing a huge fluke slam against the water. The mist spurt high in the air from the blowhole.
This fascination came years ago when visiting Hawaii but grew into an addiction 4 years ago on my last visit; when I got into a kayak and braved the big blue. Whales literally came right up to me. My only thoughts are whales...

6 comments:

Mindi said...

You are one brave girl Cor.. I always think of you when I see/hear of someone skydiving... and now kayaking with whales! Wow- hope you are getting to see some great ones this time too!

angie said...

my little chase talks about whales every night - every prayer inludes a whale or a shark - they are amazing!

ROXY MARJ said...

Cori! I just found your blog through Beth's! [Nelson] and see that you have another sweet spirit in your family! :) I am so happy for you both. I hope you are doing well.
best,
Roxy Asami*

Chris and Cindy said...

okay, so we had no idea you guys were bloggers. I found you on Paul and Trisha's site. Your family is so cute.

Mindi said...

I'm still waiting to hear about Hawaii!! :)

Anonymous said...

I swam with the whales, I just wasn't that close.