Friday, February 1, 2008

All Meat Tastes like Chicken

I can't claim this NYC story for myself but it is one of my favorites. Natasha & Curtis can correct me if I get the details wrong. Our good friend Curtis was out for his morning run in a nearby park. Not many people were in the park but he did notice two men looking suspicious so Curtis circled the park a few times keeping an eye on them. They were surrounded by lots of pigeons which they were feeding. Then he noticed a box propped up with a stick and rope tied to it. As he circled the park again, he noticed these two men were actually catching the pigeons in their trap. They would catch a couple pigeons, wring their necks, and shoved them into a bag. Of course his curiosity was now piqued so he followed the men from a distance. Unfortunately, they entered a chinese restaurant bag in hand, straight for the kitchen. Guess they were all out of chicken. This restaurant is no longer in business. True Story.

5 comments:

Mindi said...

AHhhh! And that is why I prefer to eat at home! Even if it is only cold cereal... I can't wait to read more of these "New York moments", I think.. great idea!

Kyndra said...

Ewww-

My uncle lived in Rome for many years, and Rome used to be notorious for the over-population of cats. Then Romans developed a taste for Chinese food, and lots of Chinese restaurants opened up, and suddenly the cat population went down... He's just observing.

The Cannon Family said...

aaagh! that's so disgusting!

Amanda said...

HELLO!!!! I just right now found out that you have a blog. How is that?
Anyway- this story is sick.

Can't wait for Hawaii!!!!

Trisha said...

Okay, that is DISGUSTING! Oh,and this is Trisha (Paul's wife), I found your blog off of Jeremy's blog. Your family is BEAUTIFUL!

paulandtrisha.blogspot.com